Varieties of hosting services
A hosting solution includes saving and/or sharing given web content on a web hosting server managed by a website hosting provider. There are various classes of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's have a glance at them. In this way, you can conclude what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to own a site, e-mail addresses, or to share files with buddies and partners.
- File hosting: a service offered by various hosts, which permits you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages often involve adverts by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a particular interval of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incorrect explanation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would divide the load between separate groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different website hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a brand of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific providers provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting kind is appropriate if you desire to share a big amount of images with mates or acquaintances since the service is commonly free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to administering your email address accounts. Some providers offer site hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an email service. If you would like to have an email address with your domain name but do not want to possess a web site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can create e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video clips and a few hundred viewers, you may have difficulty with your website hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will allow you to run as many video clips as you want to without worrying about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to have a site. To a certain extent, it comprises all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and emails, upload video files, and so on. At Ram Hosting, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one location. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting account may be better or worse compared to the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for specific content solely.